2014 Christmas Home Tour

I’m so excited to be sharing my Christmas home tour with you today!  And doubly excited to be the surprise house for today on Jennifer Rizzo’s holiday housewalk!  This year’s tour is packed with gorgeous homes.  Just take a look at At the Picket Fence’s tour!  Just beautiful!

At the picket fence stop 28

Alright, now on to my home tour!  Let’s start in the living room, shall we?!

Rustic Christmas living room via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Our living room is where we spend most of our time.

2014 Christmas living room via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Christmas tree with jingle bell garland via www.thegoldensycamore.com

I went pretty simple with our Christmas decor this year.  Mostly because I have two little girls and three pets that love to tear our house apart on a daily basis!

Speaking of pets, this little guy hung out with me all day while I photographed the room.  He sure is cute when he’s not being naughty!

Cute striped cat on chair via www.thegoldensycamore.com

This sign is one of my favorite additions this year.  I made it from barn wood and I just love the rustic, vintage feel of it.  I can’t wait to share the tutorial soon!

Handmade rustic fresh cut Christmas trees sign via www.thegoldensycamore.com

This wreath pillow is from last year.  I almost brought it to my booth to sell it, but my daughter wanted to keep it.  I’m kind of glad she talked me out of selling it! It works perfectly right next to the tree!

Faux boxwood wreath pillow and rustic Christmas tree via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Our Christmas tree has kind of a rustic feel this year.  Mu husband and I built the box for it this year instead of doing a tree skirt.  Once the tree was up, I filled it with cotton bolls (found here), pine cones, german statice, jingle bell garland, and handmade plaid ribbon.

Rustic Christmas tree with handmade DIY tree stand box via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Rustic Christmas tree with cotton bolls and german statice via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Beautiful rustic Christmas tree with cotton bolls, german statice, jingle bell garland, plaid ribbon garland, and pine cones via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Moving across the living room, I loved setting this area up.  We usually have absolutely nothing on this wall, so it was fun to fill it up.  I’m especially loving the barn wood planks.  I might just have to leave them there year round!

Rustic Christmas home tour - via www.thegoldensycamore.com

And this wreath from Balsam Hill is just gorgeous!  I’m so glad I got a couple of them this year!

Gorgeous full wreath with beautiful red and white stripped ribbon via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Beautiful big wreath on rustic barn wood via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Simple rustic Christmas display

Simple Christmas decor with pine cones and vintage books via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Red and white Christmas living room via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Can you believe these skis were only $3 at a garage sale a couple summers ago?  I stripped most of the flaky paint off of them and gave them a more rustic look.  I’m so in love with them!  (You can see the before and after here.)

Red vintage skis for Christmas decor via www.thegoldensycamore.com

And here is our dining room.  I randomly found an evergreen bush in our backyard when I was thinking of how to fill this vintage toolbox.  Can you tell how often I go in our backyard?!  I clipped a few branches, added some pine cones, and was all set!

Simple Christmas dining room via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Cinnamon sticks in bowls - simple Christmas decorating via www.thegoldensycamore.com

I have to point out the tea towel art on the wall, too.  My friend, Kelly from The Lily Pad Cottage, inspired me to throw this together.  It was totally last minute, but I saw the towel in my drawer and thought it would be a perfect pop of red for that wall.  I had my husband build me a frame for it out of an old 2×4 we pulled out of the basement, I used a little watered down Curio milk paint as a stain, sealed it with hemp oil, and hung it up!  I just taped the towel to the back of the frame, so I can get it out later, if I want.  But since it had been sitting in a drawer and I was too afraid to mess it up, it will probably stay on the wall for a while!

Easy, simple, rustic Christmas dining room via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Rustic Christmas dining room with tea towel wall art via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Easy winter centerpiece - vintage toolbox with greens and pine cones via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Rustic Christmas with pine cones and greens in vintage toolbox via www.thegoldensycamore.com

This little art display I like to call my Christmas tree forest only took me 3 or 4 days to complete!  Ha!  It was kind of a pain to hand embroider all of these trees, but I really love the look of all of them together!  (You can see the tutorial here.)

Embroidery hoop Christmas tree forest art via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Embroidery hoop pine tree forest art via www.thegoldensycamore.com

The last stop on my little tour is my basement.  It’s not fully decorated yet, but I did get a couple (faux) pine swags on the doors.  And yes, I have yet to actually “reveal” the doors and do a before and after.  It still might happen … one of these days!

Pine swag with red and white ribbon on old door via www.thegoldensycamore.com

Pine swags on old chippy sliding doors via www.thegoldensycamore.com

That’s all from me!  Thank you so much for stopping by our home!

Don’t stop here!  Be sure to check out the next house on the tour – My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia!  I promise, you won’t be disappointed!

My uncommon slice of suburbia house 30

PS – if you want to start the tour from the beginning, head over to Jen’s blog and start there!  You really can’t miss any of these beautiful homes!

*Linking to : Lil’ Luna

*   *   *

Want to see last year’s Christmas decorations?

Christmas Chalkboard Art : My (Fake) Christmas Mantel

Click here to see the full tour!

*this post contains affiliate links.

Comments

Wow Allison! So gorgeous!!! I love everything you do!! You are such an inspiration!!! And those old doors-loving!!! Happy Holidays!!!

Thank you so much, Jen! That means so much to me since I love everything YOU do! :) Seriously!

Wow, Allison everything is just amazing! I love all of your special Christmas/winter touches… even down to the prints in the frames by the tree! Adore!!!! Excuse me while I spend my morning pinning and swooning!

3. Sandy says

I forgot to say that I love your Christmas tree sign and the wood box that your tree is standing in! love the mix of the rustic with the elegant and the gray chairs in the living room are beautiful. I love the shape of them.

4. Kelly@ Thelilypadcottage says

Absolutely love Allison! Your photography always blows me away and I love all the simple touches! LOVE your tea towel art, the tree embroidery, your sign, THE DOORS!! Ok everything, amazing job friend!

Thank you so much, Tara! I think you are incredibly talented and love your style, so that means a lot to me! <3

5. Beth says

Love your house. Few questions:) I would also love to have a template of the trees you embroidered if you are willing. Also, did you do a tutorial on the wreath pillow? Love it. I noticed the bench by your front door by the skis. So pretty, is it vintage or new?

Thanks for sharing!

WOW!!! I love your space!! That sign is gorgeous, I can’t wait to see how it was made!!

PS, stopping by from EC2, I’m Monica’s blog assistant!

Allison your holiday decor is absolutely perfect and so stunning. You did such an amazing job putting every detail together and you have such an eye. I love your style and how it is reflected in your entire house. I LOVE the embroidery art and the tree!

Thank you, Melanie! The tablecloth is actually a drop cloth that I cut to size and painted stripes on! :)

I love how you’ve decorated this year. Your use of natural elements, chippy painted pieces and gorgeous Christmas lights. It is lovely and elegant. Did you paint those doors with milk paint? x

Thank you so much, Danielle! I did paint them with milk paint! I really have to get a “reveal” post up soon so I can share all the details! :)

What a beautiful Christmas Home Tour! My favorite is the red & white striped bow on your wreath, and the red skis. You have beautiful taste. Merry Christmas, Allison!

ALLISON!!! Seriously, you are amazing! Your home looks incredible decked out for Christmas. I just love how signature your style is, no matter the season when I stumble on one of your photos, I know it’s yours! Happy holidays sweet friend!! xoxo

Okay first of all your home and decor is absolutely beautiful! Um, can I hang out here for the holidays? Haha. It’s the most perfect holiday home! Also, I thought I saw black and white buffalo plaid on your tree in one of your photos on instagram so I had to check it out. I did the same thing this year and had purchased some fabric from JoAnn’s because I liked it but didn’t know what I was going to use it for – then randomly draped it on the tree like a scarf and loved it. Something about the black and white against the green of the tree. I didn’t know Ikea sold that fabric but I LOVE how you made the ribbon and well, everything else in your home too. Not to mention every single one of your photos is magazine worthy!

Oh my gosh, Katie! Stop it! You’re making me blush! Seriously! Thank you for your kind words! I do really love the plaid fabric. Mine is actually navy and white (because I’m obsessed with navy!) and I just love it. Ikea has some great fabrics every now and then…and since I’m there all the time, I get to check them out a lot! LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

12. Dagmar Obert says

Hi Allison,

Thanks for sharing your home. Your display with the barn wood and Balsam Hill wreath looked great! I agree that your skis on the other wall were a great deal. They are wonderful.