Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

I can’t believe spring is finally here!  I’ve been spending every possible moment outside with my little girls now that it’s finally warm.  I felt so bad for all the time we had to spend inside during this crazy winter so now I’m trying to make up for it a little!

The warmer weather is also getting me thinking of pretty flowers and green grass.  Since those aren’t quite here yet, I thought these mason jar succulent planters would bring some springy-ness to the house until things start blooming outside.

Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter via thegoldensycamore.com

These planters were super easy to make!

I took 3 mason jars and some craft paint I had in the basement and gave the jars two coats of paint.  I painted just on the lower third of the jars, kind of giving them that dipped look.

Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

I lightly sanded the jars once the paint was dry and then added a couple handfuls of river rocks to the bottom.

Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

I added a little dirt on top of the rocks and then plopped my succulents in, fluffed them a little, and I was done.

Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

I really love how bright and cheery these little planters turned out!

Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

And since I don’t do well at keeping plants alive indoors, succulents are the perfect low-maintenance solution for me!

Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

Did you notice the sidewalk chalk in some of the pictures?  When I was thinking of what colors to paint these jars, I glanced over at the chalk that was still sitting on our counter from outdoor playtime with my daughters yesterday.  They were the perfect springy combination and oddly enough, I had all the coordinating craft paint colors on hand, so it worked out perfectly!

Painted Mason Jar Succulent Planter

Have you started decorating for spring yet?  Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s this far behind!

Linking to : Liz Marie Blog, Silver Pennies, DIY Showoff, Lil’ Luna, & Lolly Jane

Comments

1. Crystal says

i love the jars!! The colors are so fun and spring-like. Great idea to add the succulent in them. I haven’t started decorating for spring yet either. I’m a little behind :(

Glad I’m not the only one, Crystal! :) I think this crazy cold winter has gotten people off to a slow start!

Alaia – I took them out of their little pots and “planted” them in the jars. Have fun planting! :)

You are the cutest, seriously! What a pretty and cheerful project. Love the planters and can’t wait to share tomorrow- snagged the link from our Sunday Soiree par-tay and can’t wait to see you there, again! XXOO
    Lolly Jane recently posted…Craft Room RevealMy Profile

3. Kristy says

Very very cool! I’m planning on re-potting some of my succulents this afternoon and I have just have the jars and paint that I know I’m going to use! Thanks for the idea!!

I freehanded it, Linda. Must have been a good day for me, because I don’t usually even attempt that! :) You could use painter’s tape or put some paint in a plastic container and then actually dip the jars. Either way would work!

4. Karen says

Love This idea! What size are these mason jars? I have never seen tall skinny ones like these and they are such a great shape for the succulents!

5. Ellie says

Hey, I know this is an older post now but I’ve just been searching up mothers day present ideas (UK) and these came up, and I love them!! wanted to know where the jars came from so that I can find some similar, as I’ve been searching around but most jars have narrower necks!

Thanks x

These kind of along with mail messages such as these people
    ar precisely what moms across the country are going
    to be examining within verification greeting cards and experiencing by spouse and children that end of the week.

Nevertheless, regarding mothers WHO maintain jobs, one particular the reality is lacking through these
    kind of dear greetings. where ever can be which the greeting card that promises cheers \”For like a running new mother in an exceedingly land in which hardly ever provides a person the support you desire along with deserve\”?

Girls figure practically 1/2 the staff members in the ough.
    s. nowadays, and quite a few people need a couple of earnings to make concludes fulfill.

girls ar breadwinners in keeping small percentage connected with families, which we all still be the primary caregivers for the family
    members. nevertheless the region is usually sadly behind in enacting plans in which
    help girls are the accountable staff in addition to mother many people
    urgently need to become. And women of all ages, family members, companies along with
    our own economic system suffer therefore.

Along with nation’s dialogue around publications just like Sheryl Sandberg\’s Slender Inside, coverage
    adjustments at Aol! as well as impetus intended for
    family members helpful policies at the state and also city
    levels, most of us often ar — fortuitously — viewing
    several of the work issues that have upon young ladies in addition to mother break as a result of.
    however awareness provides typically also been centered
    on alittle as well as high level area of your workers, and it\’s not necessarily converted in broad-based fed level progress
    in insurance policies which may aid.

And so, this kind of Mother\’s Day, many of us have a tendency to at the Countrywide Collaboration for females & People ar brooding regarding several brand new emails regarding feeling with regard to America\’s moms — versions of which larger reflect the huge actions it\’s to become
    a single currently:

\”For delivering for the loved ones while you’re using residence nevertheless adult men… cheers, Mama. \”
    ladies in practically every single place with
    the nation ar even now compensated yet guys — actually when occupation along
    with knowledge levels ar accounted with regard to.
    for this reason you want the particular look at Justness Work, which can fight harmful discriminatory fork out techniques in this nation\’s places of work.

\”For undertaking your entire very best really region anywhere young ladies ar even now dismissed or maybe forced beyond their own work regarding changing into expectant… appreciate it, Mum. \” Half a dozen inside ten ladies WHICH produce labor and birth really annual total additionally function all through the period, nonetheless with child workers ar nonetheless forced outside the function through business employers that will usually generate these individuals reasonably priced lodgings — just like holding a
    new bottle — that will enable those to carry on operating.

The actual Expecting employees Fairness Work would facilitate to stop this kind
    of blatant discrimination.

\”For looking after in addition to delivering for the family despite the fact that you are carrying out n’t have the proper to make just one compensated sick and tired time… thank you, Mum. \” as soon as they get the breathing condition or perhaps a newborn obtains streptococcal
    painful can range f, more than forty mil personnel within this state got to pick from health and the verify as
    a result of many people can\’t gain paid ill days.
    Most of these personnel, in addition to hundreds of thousands EXACTLY WHO
    ar moms, need your nation’s compensated sick and tired days customary the particular Healthy Family members React
    would certainly offer.

\”For having a baby inside just incredibly professional country that doesn\’t promise you just about any settled evening without do the job in order to in order to consequently… cheers, Mama. \” As a substitute infographic from your Country wide Collaboration shows, the ough.
    ohydrates. will be 1 in all entirely several of expresses in which doesn\’t
    guarantee paid for abandon for completely new mums.

purely 10 s. c associated with personalized segment personnel have accessibility to paid out family members depart and also just 45 v.
    d in the workers is qualified to receive paid health-related keep.
    it\’s free time task to get a country wide paid for get away from
    insurance plan plan.

Most of these mail messages — and they incredibly just the
    begining the top of challenges America\’s functioning mother experience — demonstrate the actual unthinkable power along with strength connected with
    mothers THAT maintain work opportunities during this land.
    they moreover reveal some sort of stark and also undesirable
    simple fact: we have a tendency to ar far from making certain mother the actual
    equality, sincere treatment and help these people merit.

The good news is, several says perform larger.
    Not too long ago, this Nationwide Joint venture dropped an investigation, Expecting higher, particularization the particular laws a number of expresses have got ratified in order to fill the particular breaks with country wide
    criteria. everyone knows which no less than ten expresses need to have a number of employers to generate very affordable lodging
    to help with child staff. understanding that we all ar discovering ridiculous energy around in addition to service with regard to paid sick nights guidelines.
    basically inside full week, this ny council authorized some sort of reside to
    make certain practically 1, 000, 000 staff the correct in order to make paid for sick days.
    This specific traditional steps builds about the accomplishment
    of paid out sick and tired nights legislation that you can get witout a doubt in Connecticut, San fran, Buenos aires, D.
    G., metropolis along with, before long, Portland, Or.

Although the patchwork of guidelines isn\’t the result managing mothers need — or
    even value. simply think: Could members of Our elected representatives be prepared post most of
    these mail messages to their moms? Subsequently exactly why are not suggestions identical to the verify Justness React, the Expectant workers Justness Take action, the Healthful Households Act
    along with a nationwide paid household as well as healthcare abandon insurance
    coverage system between their particular maximum points?

This specific Mother\’s Time, let\’s guess your $64000 messages we\’re
    causation moms by simply screwing up to find out the family unit welcoming work standards they’ve already.
    And also let\’s demand that will lawmakers do one thing with regards to the idea.
    mothersdaytreats.blogspot.in,www.mothersdaytreats.blogspot.in,mothersdaytreats.blogspot.in recently posted…mothersdaytreats.blogspot.in,www.mothersdaytreats.blogspot.in,mothersdaytreats.blogspot.inMy Profile

Trackbacks