My Christmas Tree : Neutrals and Navy

Alternate title: Hodge Podge Christmas Tree in White, Gold, Silver, Navy, and Black!

Seriously!  I don’t even know what to call this style.  If it even is one!  All I know is that I like it and it just “works” for me!

Neutral Christmas Tree with Pops of Navy and Black

This year I went totally out of the box for me.  My color scheme this Christmas is like I mentioned above – white, gold, silver, navy, black, white, and green … with hints of rustic and glitter thrown in.

Deer Silhouette on Christmas Tree

Neutral and Navy Christmas Tree with Spool and Fabric Garland

I left red totally out this time around.  I was okay with my decision at first, but seeing other Christmas decor online makes me miss it.  I definitely need to include it in my decor next year!

Neutral and Navy Gift Wrap with Kraft Paper, Fabric, and Twine

I made this fun little garland this year.  First time I’ve ever used garland on a tree, too!  It was super easy to make using thin twine and miniature spools.  I cut circles out of the heart fabric using my Silhouette Cameo, folded them over the twine, and then secured them with hot glue.

Neutral and Navy Christmas Tree with Spool and Fabric Garland

I incorporated whatever decorations I had from past years and bought a few extras to fill in the holes.

And I made what I could including these fabric ornaments and the tag ornaments.

Neutral Christmas Tree with Handmade Fabric Ornaments

Neutral and Navy Gift Wrap with Kraft Paper, Fabric, and Twine and a Little Glitter

Neutral and Navy Christmas Tree

I have to say, I love the tree this year, but I miss our sentimental family ornaments that we usually hang.  I might have to get the 4 foot tree out so we can decorate that one as a family!

If you’re looking for more Christmas decor inspiration, here are some projects I’ve recently completed.

Christmas Chalkboard Art : My (Fake) Christmas Mantel

Christmas Mantel and Chalkboard Art

Christmas tablescape

Christmas Tablescape

DIY Christmas Tag Ornaments

Christmas Tag Ornaments

Christmas centerpiece

DIY Christmas Centerpiece

..   ..   ..

For even more Christmas decor inspiration, be sure to follow along with our 12 Days of Christmas Tour.

12 Days of Christmas Tour

Check out each date to keep up with the latest and greatest in Christmas decor.  With all our different styles, there’s something for everyone!

Monday DEC 2nd FIRST HOME LOVE LIFE DIO HOME IMPROVEMENTS

Tuesday DEC 3rd AT HOME WITH THE BARKERS RESTORING OUR 1890 VICTORIAN

Wednesday DEC 4th FRESH IDEA STUDIO THE GOLDEN SYCAMORE HOUSE ON THE WAY

Thursday DEC 5th CURB ALERT PETTICOAT JUNKTION

Friday DEC 6th ARTSY CHICKS RULE RAPPSODY IN ROOMS

Saturday DEC 7th SIMPLY FRESH VINTAGE COUNTRY DESIGN STYLE

Sunday DEC 8th MRS HINES CLASS SNAZZY LITTLE THINGS

Monday DEC 9th JUST PAINT IT THE RUSTIC PIG JUST A GIRL AND HER BLOG

Tuesday DEC 10th OUR SOUTHERN HOME VIRGINIA SWEET PEA MEEGAN MAKES

Wednesday DEC 11th SOPHIAS DECOR A LITTLE CLAIREIFICATION GIRL IN THE GARAGE

Thursday DEC 12th MOMMY IS COOCOO LITTLE MISS CELEBRATION INSPIRATION FOR MOMS

Friday DEC 13th MY SOULFUL HOME CONFESSIONS OF A SERIAL DIYer LILACS AND LONGHORNS

..   ..   ..

Sharing at :

Liz Marie Blog

Lil’ Luna

Comments

Hi Allison! I love how you did your tree and I think the navy looks lovely! Your framed Christmas Art is just gorgeous! Thank you so sharing you beautiful decor with us – pinning and sharing! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Allison!!! I can’t express enough how much I LOVE your tree! The garland is fantastic that is something I would expect to see in Pottery Barn – Awesome job! The ornaments? So fantastic! Love them all, but my heart leaped when I was the tag ornaments! I Love the color scheme you used it’s stunning! But I understand the desire for red, I didn’t use it in this years living room tree but incorporated it in other areas of my home. You did such a beautiful job, absolutely beautiful!

3. Anne Anderson says

Allison, I love, love, love your tree—it is so stunningly sophisticated! It just looks like you—creative and one-of-a-kind! I especially think your homemade ornaments and gift-wrapped boxes are adorable.

Allison, your Christmas tree is beautiful! Traditional yet not! I love the non-traditional twist and your choice of Navy! So much happenin’ holiday inspiration to enjoy! The little spool on your DIY garland is super fun.
    Cheers

Allison, I love black for Christmas! I seems crisp with the whites and greenery. I started using black with red the first years in our cabin. Now slowly the red has disappeared. I also love the Christmas tags. Thank you for sharing your beautiful holiday decor. ~Jeanette

You new colors this year compliment all of your other Christmas decor. I love the spool garland and your wrapping paper.
    I am inspired with your beautiful photography.
    Thanks for sharing and being a part of this amazing Holiday Tour!
    Make it a fabulous day.

Thanks so much, Meegan! I’m so glad to be a part of it! Having so much fun seeing everyone’s Christmas decor! :)

I love your tree’s color scheme and never would have thought to use navy for Chrismtas. I’m like you and have never had garland on my tree. Maybe next year I will get creative ahead of time and design some to use for 2014. I’ve been wanting a Silhouette for some time and after seeing the cute things you’ve made for this Christmas, I want want even more.

Allison, it is beautiful!! I totally get about being sentimental. I wanted to do a totally themed tree this year (without the old ornaments) but my son (and husband!) said no way!! 😉 So I did my theme and added the special ornaments that have meaning to us. Your garland is so creative too!

Nancy

Thanks Megan! I kind of wanted a blend of homemade and store bought. It makes it a little more personal! :)

Thanks Leslie! I’m loving the Christmas tour, too! So much fun stopping by to see everyone’s beautiful decor!

Allison, your tree looks great. I have to agree with Anne above who said the tree is sophisticated.
    I love all of the handmade touches. And the navy plaid is such a classic.

I say go for it and decorate another tree with the family ornaments and as much red as you want! No reason not to have both.

You’re so sweet! Thanks Christine! And I may have to take your advice and add in some personal ornaments, too! It would give the tree a bit more of a personal touch!

Allison it’s beautiful! I love all the personal touches and handmade elements. The plaid fabric ornament is fabulous – and I just bought some brown paper for wrapping for the very first time. I love what you did with it. Thanks for sharing your tree!

I love your color scene and tree. I applaud you for taking a chance and trying something different! All of your craft ideas are just stunning! I am obsessed with chalk art right now, so I love how yours turned out!!! Merry Christmas!!! -Christy

Allison, I just shared this on my Facebook page…I think your tutorials are outstanding will wow my readers. I love the the mantel and the tag ornaments. I love any color as long as it’s black, :) Such a beautiful blog and nice ideas…happy to be on this tour with you. Happy holidays, and I will check back often.

Thanks so much for sharing, Jeanette! So glad you enjoy my blog! It means a ton to hear those words! :)

Allison,
    Your holiday decor is quite simply … stunning!
    You had me at the garland with the thread spools :) I love how the glitter and metallic bring sophistication and class, yet at the same time the plaid lends a homeyness and warmth.
    It’s been so fun getting to know you and your beautiful home.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Hugs …
    Lani

Thank you so much for your sweet compliments! I love how you described my tree! It’s actually exactly how I feel about it and how I wanted it to look and I’m so glad my vision came across “correctly”! It means so much to have you share your thoughts with me! Thank you again!