Reupholstered Tufted Cane Chair

I’m so happy I finally get to share this project with you guys!  Let me tell ya, reupholstering this tufted cane chair was not easy.  And it may have taken me a whole year to find the nerve to even get started on it!  But let’s not talk about that today, okay?

Reupholstered Tufted Cane Chair

Let’s just talk about the fact that I got this fabulous chair for a mere $2 at a garage sale!

Okay, it was a little scary before, I’ll admit it!

Tufted Cane Chair Before and After

But now…well, I can’t even stand how cute this thing is!

Country Grey Chair

Seriously…this chair makes me so happy!

Upholstered Cane Chair

Still kind of wondering why I gave this chair up!  Totally should have kept it for myself!

Reupholstered Tufted Cane Chair

But, alas, my mom needed a chair and since I was working on this piece for her, I had give it up!

But at least I can still visit it!  ;)

Tufted Cane Chair

Upholstered Cane Chair

Painted Cane Chair Reupholstered Tufted Cane Chair

Reupholstered Tufted Cane Chair

Interested in how I got from before to after?  You can see how to tear the chair apart and get it ready for upholstery here and all my tips and tricks of how I put it all back together here. Tomorrow I’ll share !  Stay tuned!

I originally shared this project on Art is Beauty’s blog.

*Sharing this project at Savvy Southern Style, City Farmhouse, and Home Stories A to Z along with many other favorite blogs you can check out on my “Where I Party” page.

Comments

1. Anne Anderson says

Yeah, it’s pretty much too late now, Sweetie! (I’m Allison’s Mom.) The chair is simply darling, and looks perfect in its new home:) It’s my new favorite place to sit when I read. I also love the adorable things you photographed with it—the pillow, the little table, sunglasses, flowers, magazine, and shoes. Lovely, thoughtful touches.

So now I’m totally jealous, but I really hope I get to sit in this chair someday! It will look perfect in your home Anne! Alli, again you did an amazing job and I can’t wait to hear more about how you did it as well. And you know me, the pillow is cute too, did you make that? You are so talented … I can hardly stand it! (In a good way of course!) Great job!!!

I love everything about it. The fabric. The distressing. Can’t wait to see the how-to. I’ve got a couple chairs I’ve been needing to recover and have been too scared!

4. Patty Webb says

I have 2 like this sitting in my garage. Can’t wait for your tutorial, especially on the buttons. Did you buy new ones or cover the old ones? Adorable, adorable, adorable!

5. Jo B says

I just bought this same chair for $5.00 at Good Will. I looked at it in my garage for a week then decided to see if I could figure out how to dismantle. It did not go very well. I see from your instructions I was doing it backwards. This one has a really ugly fake black leather material on it. Thanks to you I can’t wait to get started again.

I have this identical chair and although it’s in really good shape it’s not what I want it to be. Thanks for sharing your tutorial’s I think I might give this a try, yours turned out so beautiful! I only wish I could find a second one now!!
    Pendra recently posted…From one day to the next…My Profile