One thing you should know about me is that I am not a plant person! I know very little about plants and flowers and desperately need help with our landscaping! I am very slowly getting more knowledgeable on the subject thanks to my dad and my mother-in-law, but I’m definitely no pro!
That’s why this project is totally my speed!
While I’m still learning with the real stuff, I thought I’d have a little “fake it” moment and cheat for a minute! Shhh…don’t tell!
Instead of trying to keep another plant alive, I decided it would be best to go with an artificial plant for this project!
Here’s how to put it together…
Circle stencil and colored pencil
Paint and paint brush
1. Cut out a circle shape and trace it onto your pot with a colored pencil (I used a circle paper punch to make my stencil)
2. Paint inside of your circles with chalk paint or craft paint.
3. Let paint dry and then use a little sandpaper to distress it a bit.
4. Fill pot part way with plastic bags. This will help to fill the pot without having to use a ton of the heavy stones.
5. Place your plant into the pot and fill with river stones.
That’s it! See! So easy and it still brings a little freshness and style to your decor!
And want to know a little secret? I only painted circles on half of the pot, so if I ever choose to change up the design, I can just turn it around and use the other side! Brilliant, right?! I like to think so! Haha!
I hope you enjoyed this simple, yet stylish project.