One thing you should know about me is that I am not a plant person! I know very little about plants and flowers and desperately need help with our landscaping! I am very slowly getting more knowledgeable on the subject thanks to my dad and my mother-in-law, but I’m definitely no pro!
That’s why this project is totally my speed!
While I’m still learning with the real stuff, I thought I’d have a little “fake it” moment and cheat for a minute! Shhh…don’t tell! 🙂
Instead of trying to keep another plant alive, I decided it would be best to go with an artificial plant for this project! 🙂
Here’s how to put it together…
Circle stencil and colored pencil
Paint and paint brush
1. Cut out a circle shape and trace it onto your pot with a colored pencil (I used a circle paper punch to make my stencil)
2. Paint inside of your circles with chalk paint or craft paint.
3. Let paint dry and then use a little sandpaper to distress it a bit.
4. Fill pot part way with plastic bags. This will help to fill the pot without having to use a ton of the heavy stones.
5. Place your plant into the pot and fill with river stones.
That’s it! See! So easy and it still brings a little freshness and style to your decor!
And want to know a little secret? I only painted circles on half of the pot, so if I ever choose to change up the design, I can just turn it around and use the other side! Brilliant, right?! 😉 I like to think so! Haha!
I hope you enjoyed this simple, yet stylish project.