Dipped Leg Vintage Highchair

I hope you had a safe and fun time ringing in the New Year last night!  My husband is a police officer and usually works on New Years Eve night, but this year he worked during the day, so I actually got to spend the evening with him!  Of course, the year he doesn’t work, I’m pregnant!  So no crazy partying for us last night…we just hung out with our daughter and drank sparkling grape juice together!  :)

I’m excited to be starting this new year and for all that it will bring!  I can’t wait to work on even more furniture transformations, continue updating our house, and of course MEET OUR NEW BABY!

So, in keeping with the baby theme, I wanted to share this cute vintage highchair that I recently updated.

The highchair was in good condition when I got it off Craigslist this past summer.  I was actually picking up a different piece of furniture that day and when I got to the location, the seller offered me this highchair, too.  I just couldn’t pass it up!

I used a custom mix of Annie Sloan Chalk Paints to create this fun color.

And I added a touch of modern style by “dipping” the legs in Old White.

Looking for even more highchair goodness?  Check out this adorable Vintage Highchair painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint from Making Home Base.  It’s a beauty for sure!

Comments

Beautiful!!! I’ve run across a few highchairs lately, and I just couldn’t think creatively enough to buy it. You did a great job on this one!! I love the pop of white at the bottom!! I didn’t know you were pregnant… congrats!!!! Hugs!!!

Cute! I love how you painted that highchair! I have a wooden high chair that we used for our girls. Now that my baby is 7 I want to sell it but hubby is not too keen on that idea for some reason. Sigh. Guess we will save it for Grandkids!

Hello! I found you at Feathered Nest Friday and am very glad I did. I have a very similar highchair and just LOVE the color you painted yours! You did a fantastic job! And the legs are awesome!!

My mom has a highchair just like this. I told her not to get rid of it, because we could paint it and make it so cute. I’ll have to show her this – great timing!

Wow great color! Love it.

I was looking through your blog (now following you on Pinterest and FB) and noticed your map art. I totally just left a comment for you on Hometalk about it (I made a similar one recently).

Great blog I’m so happy I found it.

Hi Melanie! I believe I used Antibes Green, Provence, Old White, and Graphite. Equal parts of each…I think! I didn’t write this one down, unfortunately! :(

6. Jamie P says

Hi — Just stumbled upon this and I love the color of this high-chair! Can you tell me what colors you mixed? Please send me an email, I would love to chat about it!

Jamie

7. Kirstin says

So cute!! I am wanting to paint a high chair and was wondering what you used as a paint protector? And is it safe for baby to eat off of?

8. Jessica says

Hi! Love the high chair! My mom is giving me the high chair she used for my siblings and I as we get ready to welcome our first baby. It’s solid wood, but oak stained (which I’m not a fan of) and she told me she didn’t mind if I painted it. I’m new to Annie Sloan paints, and am just working on my first project with them. I’m wondering if they are food safe? Or what sealant did you use on this piece? Annie Sloan wax, or something more durable? Any info you can provide would be WONDERFUL!

Thanks so much, I love your blog!