Ones those stripes dried, I did three wide stripes going perpendicular to the first stripes. I watered down some ASCP Old White and lightly painted the stripes. I did a custom mixture of Graphite and Louis Blue (I think!) close to the wide white stripes and then went back the other way with a watered down version of that color. When everything was dry, I sanded the whole top to give it a little more distressed look.
Here is the finished plaid. I LOVE how it turned out!!
I’m totally loving how this piece turned out! I haven’t even shown my friend yet, so we’ll see how she responds when she sees this post! I really hope she likes it! I like it so much that I wanted to keep it for myself, but I really have no place to put it. So…it’s for sale along with several other items I’ve recently completed.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! So glad you’re here!